Coquina Sands Board Meeting, November 5, 2018
Attendees: Bill Lutz, Tammy Kipp, John Calce, Kerry Dustin, Linc Barefoot, Jim Mayer, Mary Pat Peterson
1. Meeting called to order and minutes from past meeting approved.
2. Board accepted the resignation of Jim Keith. He was recognized for his exemplary service.
3. There was discussion concerning CSA season meeting schedule, but key board members, concerning event planning, not present and detailed plans not discussed. Annual letter to members will be sent out (Jim Mayer to have new mailing list to print house this Thursday, November 8). Mail-out will contain a request for payment of the annual dues. Different amounts for the membership dues were touched upon. Early payment (before 1st of the year) would be different amount than if received after the first of the year. Would include an RCC card with payment of dues. Specific amount not determined. Letter will also highlight the NBH redevelopment and how it may be affecting CS residents (as an impetus to membership).
4. The Annual get together was discussed. It is to be held at Ridgeway’s Bar and Grill in Old Naples. Date: Sunday, January 13, 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
If a member brings a guest there will be a $35.00 admission fee for the guest.
5. Discussion of the Naples Beach Hotel Redevelopment project was discussed. There will be a meeting with the Redevelopment team November 12 at the NBH Spa and Community Center. Meeting will be from 5pm to 7pm. This meeting will include both the Coquina Sands Assn. and Old Naples Assn.
NOTE: MEETING WILL ALLOW FOR QUESTION AND ANSWER PERIOD
The formation of an AD HOC committee was also discussed, perhaps composed of representatives of neighboring Home Owners Associations in addition to Coquina Sands. It was brought up that perhaps the Associations should consider fund raising, as a means of conducting their own studies, e.g.
a. Key issues, Time line, DOT approval if roads need adjustment (e.g. Golf Drive).
b. FEMA as it affects new building elevations
c. City approvals
d. Height restrictions (101.5’, might be 125’ after FEMA)
e. Is golf course in perpetuity?
6. Kerry Dustin is following the progress of the Naples Visioning process. He said he doesn’t feel the consultant, ScanTech, will be involving the Community, as much as previously stated.
He feels there are problems with plan, even suggesting the narrowing of 41 is not out of the plan completely.
7. Bill Lutz will be following up on the updating of CSA By-laws.
8. D & O insurance. Kelly in Kerry Dustin’s office will research this. Insurance providers to date have not been very forthcoming in returning calls on this subject.
9. Linc Barefoot is looking into updating the CSA website. He said he would also look into the development of a possible inter-active APP for CSA.
10. CSA needs a new Treasurer, replacing Arlene Garrity, who has exceeded her term limits.
11. CSA is looking for newer, younger members to join the Board. Suggestions welcome. Bill is going to ask the Myers if either or both parties would be interested.
CSA Vice President